October 28, 2013

Awesome "Halloween" Reads

Since I'm always looking for books to read this time of year, I thought it would be cool if I picked some "Halloween" books to share with you on the blog. These are books that are not exactly about Halloween, but have the feel of this time of year. Fall. Leaves. Cold. Dark. Mystery. Those kind of books. 






1) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
I really loved this dark, creepy story about vampires. While there is romance in this book, these vampires hunt like crazy. They're vicious and dangerous and I loved that. Amazingly written. 

2) Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey
This book is dark and light, serious and funny. And I loved it. It's refreshingly told, and the characters are very real. Since this book deals with dark magic in a small town where strange things happen, it's a perfect, creepy and mysterious read for this time of year.

3) The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
So. Good. This is a darker read about dark things. Mystery. Suspense. Love. Magic. I love every single page and was so glad it was the first of a trilogy. A truly wonderful book for the Halloween season.

4) Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater
A perfect Autumn read. If the cover doesn't capture you, get glasses. This book is amazing, like a song. Stiefvater's writing is flawless and gorgeous, and the story itself will hook you. I swear I could feel the leaves burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment