August 29, 2013

5 Favorite Books

Neil Gaiman said that picking his five favorite books would be a lot like "picking the five body parts you'd most like not to lose." Well. I'm about to do that. So get ready. These are my five favorite books RIGHT NOW. Today. Because these books are not my favorite ones from yesterday, and they probably won't be my favorites tomorrow. But, that's the beauty of having read so many wonderful books - a lot of favorites come from the different moods we find ourselves in each day. 




1. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
I love this book. Beautifully written and told and everything.

2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I'm currently reading this again and am loving it even more than the first time. So beautifully told - straight forward but detailed. There are different kinds of beauty here.

3. The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton
A very lyrical and different book. I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would, which I thought would be a lot. Unlike anything out there.

4. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Epic. Only Bray can make political statements while supporting everyone - have incredibly real characters while shooting down most stereotypes all while including a message. Awesome.

5. Ironside by Holly Black
I love dark stories and this story is DARK. And lyrically told. I loved it.



Be sure to check out more recs and reads on facebook HERE (giveaway soon).

2 comments:

  1. I also read Shiver and it's one of my fav authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully told story! Stiefvater is one of my very favorites.

      Delete