December 30, 2013

Top 6 Books Of 2013

I read a lot. 

A LOT.

Like you, I'm sure. So, instead of writing a blog post on the books I read in 2013, I decided to write one featuring my top 6 reads of 2013. That I can remember. 2013 was a good year for books, and it looks like 2014 will be even better. So, here you go. In no order at all.

1) Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano - These chapter introductions were literally the most beautiful
words I read in 2013. I loved them, and the lyrical writing throughout this book.

2) The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton - One of my very favorite writers. The writing was lush and gorgeous and I really loved the new ideas behind the story. I also loved that the novel is more a book of stories that are not said rather than those that are.

3) Just Between Us by J.H. Trumble - A story that needed to be written. Romantic and scary. I truly loved every word in this book, and eventually found myself in awe of the hope Trumble created throughout.

4) Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas - Honestly, I ate this book like I ate Harry Potter. Enough said.

5) The Book Theif by Markus Zusak - The story. The pictures. The words. I wasn't sure if I would like this one when I started it, but when I finished it a few days later I didn't want to leave. This is a story that stays with you, and I cried.

6) Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry - A book about zombies taught me what it means to be human. That alone is an amazing thing, but I also loved the story and the world Maberry created in this book. The entire series is excellent, but this first one is my favorite. Also, the ending of Dust & Decay, the second book in the series, killed me.










 There you go! What were your favorite reads of 2013? What books are you looking forward to in 2014? I can't wait to read Andrew Smith's Grasshopper Jungle! Also, Ignite Me. 


4 comments:

  1. PERFECT RUIN is one of my new favorite books! It's so elegant and beautiful! Great picks, David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJ! I read more but these are the ones that stood out a lot in my mind. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved Perfect Ruin too! Did you see The BookThief mmovie? It was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Perfect Ruin too! Did you see The BookThief mmovie? It was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete